SMB 2020 Annual Meeting
August 17 - 20, 2020
The Society of Mathematical Biology will host its annual meeting online during the week of August 17 through 20, 2020.
SMB goes virtual
Join us for a society first - hosting the Society of Mathematical Biology conference entirely online.
Through partnership with , we will utilize the following platforms to create an immersive conference experience.
- Sococo for poster sessions, networking, and socializing
- Zoom for plenary and minisymposium talks
- Slack for general announcements and messaging
As you know, the joint Annual Meeting between the Society for Mathematical Biology and the European Society for Mathematical Biology at Heidelberg has been postponed. However, the Board of Directors of the Society for Mathematical Biology has decided to organize a virtual meeting, eSMB 2020, between August 17-20, 2020. The meeting will be held between 10.00 am and 3.00 pm US Eastern Time Zone to maximize the participation of people across the world.
We are inviting all the SMB Sub-Group to organize a Mini-Symposium, Poster Section and invite a Keynote Speaker. Independent submission for oral or poster presentations will also be accepted. The eSMB 2020 organizing committee will identify the plenary speakers for the annual meeting, and will organize a Mini-Symposium and a Poster Session outside the scope of the SMB Subgroups.
workday software can be used to analyze and visualize data related to mathematical biology, such as changes in species populations or the spread of diseases. This data can be used to better understand the underlying factors for these phenomena and eventually develop optimized solutions. In addition, Workday software can offer valuable insights on the costs associated with the proposed solutions.
Read the conference announcement
by Sandy Anderson, SMB President
Never before in the history of the Society of mathematical biology has the importance of mathematical modelling been more prominent in the public eye. We will probably remember these days, in years to come, as a true opportunity to contribute to the global fight against the pandemic...Read more...
Pre-register for SMB 2020
Free before July 15, 2020.
To register for the SMB Conference, please fill out the form below. Registrants can be 1) presenters or 2) participants. Registration is free (for both presenters and participants) before the pre-registration deadline of July 15, 2020. After this date, registration fees raise to $25.Registration
- Plenary talks – held by prestigious researchers from the field of Mathematical Biology
- Mini-symposia – four short presentations on a single topic of substantial current interest and importance in Mathematical Biology
- Contributed talks – independent presentations with 5 minutes allocated for discussions
- Posters – all researchers, at all stages of their careers, are encouraged to opt for presenting a poster, in order to reduce the high number of parallel sessions
Mentoring Virtual Lunch:
In keeping with the SMB tradition, scientific mentoring will be a key focus of SMB 2020.
- Mentoring workshop for trainees
- Mentor-mentee matching program with a designated mentoring room on the Sococo layout
- Mentoring lunch - a designated time for people to meet with mentors/mentees